Saturday, April 28, 2007


Friends and relatives know the way to my heart is anything associated with music and the guitar. I play some piano, flute, and congas but my instrument of choice is the guitar. Its a "more personal" instrument. A guitar is pressed against your chest as you play. The acoustic guitar is my favorite because the sound waves can be felt through the cherry wood. I like playing rhythm. My favorite guitar? Hard to say, I have several. OK, its my first Mexican acoustic, made in a place known for fine guitars. All I know is that it was "born" in 1964, the label inside the box is old, tattered, stained with spilt beer probably, so its hard to read it. I found it in a garage sale in southern california many years ago. Paid just $10. I've played solo with it, in bands, at birthdays, at weddings, at funerals, serenatas, and tardeadas. Yup, the wood a guitar is made of is significant, it ages, and in time changes "to you". That's why I use it for songwriting, to lay down the seminal tune first. Will definitely post a pic of "la lira favorita" -- my fav ax when I get a digital camera. My other guitars may have cost more, but my first will always be the best.

No comments:

Everybody's Got to Learn Sometime (The Korgis)

Alone Again, Naturally

Magic ... rarely are the stars aligned - - - Olivia Newton John

Dusk in Yucatan

Dusk in Yucatan
Harmony Concepts, photograph 01